Introducing the Staff

Sara Remar, Photo Editor

 Hi! My name is Sara and I am the Photo Editor for the Western Courier. I have worked here for the past five semesters. I am a nursing major with a Spanish minor. I am a part of the Delta Zeta sorority and involved in the Newman Center on campus. Working for the Courier helps me to take time for some of my hobbies. Photography, along with travel, are two things that I am most passionate about. Although the recent pandemic has put a hold on travel, I am still able to capture beautiful places locally. A picture speaks a thousand words, and that fascinates me! A fun fact about me is that I have been fortunate enough to travel to nine countries including Mexico, Egypt, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Iceland, Dominica Island, Barbados, St. Kitts and Nevis and St. Maarten. My favorite thing to do when I travel is explore the city streets and ask the locals about their recommended activities and restaurants. I am a firm believer that the best way to learn is to immerse yourself in other cultures! The last time I traveled was over spring break. I was on a Caribbean Cruise, which, yes, meant that I was stuck an extra two days on the ship (no complaints!). After I graduate I hope to work as an ER nurse near my home in Chicago and soon after become a travel nurse!