OPS BEAT

•On April 21 at 8:57 p.m. non student Germaine Willis, 24, of Chicago, and at 9:03 p.m. Ashley Spellman, 25, of 209 East Village, were each arrested for domestic battery in East Village. Willis was lodged in the McDonough County Jail at 9:05 p.m. and Spellman was lodged at 9:15 p.m., both pending bond. (1)

•On April 22 at 9:53 p.m. Jonathan P. Rosales, 22, of 313 Grote Hall, was issued a notice to appear May 26 on a Macomb City ordinance violation for possession of cannabis (less than 10 grams) in L-Lot and Grote Hall. Another student was judicially referred for drugs. (2)

•On April 23 at 12:37 a.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a smoke alarm on the third floor of the International House (800 Westbrook Circle). No fire was found, and no injuries were reported. It was determined the alarm was activated by popcorn being overheated in a microwave.

•On April 23 at 1:02 a.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a smoke alarm on the third floor of the International House (800 Westbrook Circle). No fire or smoke was found, and no injuries were reported.

•On April 23 at 7:44 a.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a smoke alarm on the third floor of the International House (800 Westbrook Circle). No fire or smoke was found, and no injuries were reported.

•On April 23 at 4:48 p.m. Angel Gamble, 20, of 1428 Tanner Hall, was arrested in Tanner Hall for disorderly conduct in Stipes Hall. She was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 5:02 p.m. where she was lodged pending bond. (3)