Traveling can bring us several opportunities

Kalen Stanford, Courier Staff

With the holiday season fully upon us, traveling is a lot more common. I am going to Germany over the holiday break, meaning I will be travelling a lot. Personally, I have been traveling my whole life due to having many military family members, but it never gets easier. The drive to the airport is rarely fun, especially in bigger cities. It is usually early in the morning and you just need a few more hours of sleep. Airport security always takes longer than it should, and you just want to sit down.

When traveling alone it is sometimes scary for many reasons, you must make sure you are through security in time to find your gate before boarding. You also never know who you will have to sit by, and finally the ride itself. I have traveled alone a few times overseas, but this time it will be very close to the holidays, so I am worried about the craziness of the airports. Usually I like to be an hour early in smaller airports and two hours early in bigger airports. When switching planes, I make sure to grab some snacks and drinks if I know it is going to be a longer flight.

I enjoy traveling because it allows me to see other countries and cultures. It also allows me to get out of the comfort of my hometown and socialize with other people outside of my atmosphere. I especially enjoy planes that fly overseas because they have access to so many new movies, and you can spend the entire plane ride watching movies if you cannot sleep. I also enjoy traveling because it allows me to see my family who are all around the globe. Traveling is something everyone should do at least once in their life to understand how interesting it can be.

With traveling overseas for the new year, I am planning on taking time away from school to relax and prepare for the spring semester. While doing those things, I will also be traveling to places like France and Prague. Traveling to new places when you have the opportunity is so important because if you do not leave your hometown you are unable to see the world in your own eyes, instead you’ll only see the world through the news and the Internet.

Traveling can be both scary and fun, but when you get to your destination it will be worth it to gain all the knowledge and experience you can. In the future, I hope traveling will become easier and less expensive to allow everyone an equal chance to see the world. Traveling should be something everyone gets to experience no matter what age you are. Personally, traveling is something that has improved me as a person and I am so lucky to have the opportunity to travel as much as I do.