Breaking Bad movie announced

Brie Coder, Courier Staff

Five years ago, the “Breaking Bad” community mourned after the highly anticipated five season series came to an end. We as viewers saw the trials and tribulations of what life was like for teacher-turned-drug-dealer Walter White (played by Bryan Cranston) and gangster wannabe/addict Jesse Pinkman (played by Aaron Paul), along with their friends and families who were affected by the methamphetamine industry.

When the crime drama ended, so many fans were left with unanswered questions. The biggest question of them all was what ever happened to Pinkman? Well, creator Vince Gilligan has all the answers and will be releasing them with his new upcoming movie currently titled “Breaking Bad.” It was announced on Wednesday that Gilligan was going to create a two hour long film that centers on Pinkman’s life after he escapes in the season five finale. They are currently on set in Albuquerque, N.M. filming the movie. As of now there is no set time as to when the film will be released and if it’ll be either a big screen or television based movie. In addition to this film following Pinkman’s life, it hasn’t been said if the other characters from the show before will make an appearance, well the ones who remained alive at the end of the show. If so, it would be great to see how White’s family turned out after the passing of their beloved and vicious husbandand father, and if they actually were able to accept the fact that White was Heisenberg. One actor who is extremely excited about this project is former lead actor Cranston. On Wednesday’s episode of “The Dan Patrick Show,” Cranston did confirm that this film is being made, and that social media did not hoax its fans. Cranston’s character, White, died at the very last episode of season five after his long fight with stage four lung cancer. To some, it wouldn’t make sense to add him to the film, but if they were to do a flashback, however, he could be a part of that. Whether Gilligan decides to add Cranston to the film or not, it seems to be clear that he wants to be a part of the film even if it means production. After “Breaking Bad” the TV series was finished in 2013, Gilligan created a spin-off prequel show called “Better Call Saul,” that showed Jimmy McGill (played by Bob Odenkirk) go from straight laced lawyer, to Saul Goodman, an egotistical criminal lawyer who defends and protects White and Pinkman throughout the original series. “Better Call Saul” just wrapped up its fourth season back in October, and has been renewed for a fifth season. Odenkirk could possibly be in this upcoming movie, but I don’t think a lot will be told about him, since the spin-off show has already taken care of that aspect.

Words cannot describe how exciting this movie is going to be. “Breaking Bad” broke the mold when it comes to how a TV show should be made. The show gave viewers an inside look at what the meth community is like, and what really happens to people involved in it, or any drug industryfor that matter. If there is one thing Gilligan wanted fans to take away from this show, it’s that doing, selling and producing drugs gets you nowhere but heartache and heartbreak.