Dance With The Dead: Loved to Death album released

Ironskullet.com

Ironskullet.com

Conal Duffy, Courier Staff

Dance With The Dead is an electronic synthwave duo from Orange County, Calif. Their music is heavily inspired by heavy metal, since the musicians involved in the duo come different metal bands. Their music features electric guitar and aspects of heavy metal, but with synthesizers all throughout. Also, John Carpenter and his horror theme music inspired their music. Their new album “Loved to Death” is out. This album is full of fast paced horror synthwave tracks that will have you wishing for Halloween.

The album starts off right with the track “Go!” This track is fast paced, has an epic synth lead, and will keep your heart pounding for 3 minutes and 12 seconds. The next track, “Into The Shadows,” starts with an arpeggiator and has pounding synth hits. This track is definitely a banger. The fifth track, “War,” really caught my attention. It starts off with a pretty fast paced tempo that really slaps. It leads into a slow part in the middle that is reminiscent of a classic horror film soundtrack. Their most popular track is “Invader,” which is a great song to bang your head to.

Another track off their album is called “Oracle”. This track features gated reverb drums and is a much slower paced song. Usually the duo makes fast paced hits. But this one is slower, and has a much more melancholy vibe. This is a song that makes you feel like you are waiting for something.

The last track is called “Become Wrath.” This is probably the most intense song on “Loved to Death.” It’s cool to listen to this album and play video games to it because the style of the music fits the theme if you are playing an RPG or shooter game.

Their songs kind of remind me of classic Carpenter films like “The Thing,” or “Escape From New York.” Dance With The Dead’s fusion of metal and synthwave is a must-listen for fans of both genres. I would totally blast this music while playing the video game Doom, or the 2016 remake of the game.

I discovered synthwave in 2013 when I played the video game Hotline Miami, which features popular synth artists in its soundtrack. I fell in love with the uniqueness of this subgenre of electronic music because I already love 80’s music and electronic music. Why not put the two together? I’m glad many artists are doing it.

You can find “Loved to Death” on major streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music, as well as on Bandcamp. Happy listening!