WIU program to bring kindness

More kindness and positivity will soon begin to circulate around Western IllinoisUniversity’s campus.

For the Fall 2018 semester, the program ‘Kinder Mondays’ (KM) will be offering random acts of kindness to passing students across the Macomb campus. Western counselors Ana Diaz and Amy Buwick initiated the program in 2016, which has grown into a university-wide program. In addition to spreading positivity around the campus, the program also seeks to encourage others to pay it forward.

“Kindness, no matter how small a gesture, typically has a ripple effect,” Buwick said. “We want kindness to ripple across Western and beyond.”

Each and every Monday, a different office or department will serve as the host of the program. The host on Aug. 20 was Beu Health Center, which gave students water and maps of the campus. This coming Monday, University Counseling Center will offer freezer pops in Memorial Hall.

Students can tweet with the hash tag #WIUKinderMondays to continue to grow the program. There are still dates not yet filled so if an office is interested in hosting Kinder Monday, contact Buwick at 309-298-2453.

“We need to do our part in making the world a kinder place.” Buwick said.

By Steven Barnum

assistant news editor Now HiringatWestern