Ariana Grande dropping new music

Shyanne Thomas, Courier Staff

Just recently, the 2017 Billboard’s Female Artist of the Year has come back into the limelight and the teenage girl in me could not be happier.

Ariana Grande took us all by surprise a little over a week ago when she made a surprise appearance at Coachella to perform her brand-new single, “No Tears Left to Cry.” After listening to it non-stop for the past week, I can say that all of my tears (of joy) are finally gone.

The 24-year-old pop and R&B singer has not been active on social media since her last post back on Dec 31, 2017. It was in that last post where she said, “see you next year,” with a sneak peak of a short video clip to possibly one of her upcoming songs. This was obviously Grande’s way to inform us that she was in the making of some new music for her fourth studio album since Dangerous Woman, which was released back on May 20, 2016 and has since received Platinum Certification from the RIAA. Dangerous Woman took on all spans on genres from pop to R&B and even some reggae. I would not be surprised if this fourth studio album plays along the same lines as Dangerous Woman or her other two studio albums.

Since the release of “No Tears Left to Cry,” Grande has been keeping us all updated on what she has been up to. The pop singer has been non-stop posting on all of her social media accounts with graphics from new music video for “No Tears Left to Cry” and even behind the scenes footage! If we dig deeper into her newest song, we can find traces of what Grande stands for and what others should stand for, too.

One line from the song states, “They point out the colors in you, I see ‘em too And, boy, I like ‘em, I like ‘em, I like ‘em.” When Grande mentions these colors, she is talking about people’s true colors or characteristics. She wants no more than for everyone to love and not hate for who others are no matter their race, color, sexuality, and so much more, especially after experiencing the horrific incident on Manchester Arena during her Dangerous Woman Tour in Manchester, England.

On Saturday, Grande tweeted out, “r.e.m” and some possible lyrics to her next song she plans on releasing. This got all of us thinking of who or what she has up her sleeve next. Then, she posted to her snapchat story the definition of REM sleep, which ties right along with those lyrics she tweeted out that day.

I am sure that I speak for a lot of people when I say that these teasers and hints are killing me! On the plus side, Ariana Grande will be taking over The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon this Tuesday, May 1 not only to perform “No Tears Left to Cry,” but to be part of the entire hour show. Maybe then we will find out what else Grande has in store for us this year; stay tuned!