Western president to interview at BSU

11th Western Illinois University President Jack Thomas will interview at Boise State University this month.

Marc Ramirez, Assistant News Editor

Western Illinois University President Jack Thomas was recently announced as a finalist in the running for President at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho.

After serving as president for the past seven years and previously served four years as Western Illinois University’s Provost and Academic Vice President, Thomas applied and was considered amongst a pool of 53 candidates for the open position.

Amongst these candidates, Thomas was one of five finalists still in the running.

According to boisestate.edu, the finalists will be visiting the university beginning Monday, April 23. Thomas was chosen to visit on Thursday, April 26 to participate in forums with faculty, staff and students.

The Western Courier reached out to Thomas for comment on his selection as a finalist, but did not receive a response to question.

The final selection is anticipated to have been made by the end of May of this year.