Horn Environmental Learning Project presents Macomb’s Earthfest 2018

Marc Ramirez, Assistant News Editor

Saturday April 14, Western Illinois University’s Horn Environmental Learning Project will be hosting its annual Earthfest celebration. This year, “Making a Difference from the Ground Up,” will start at 10 a.m. and run until 5 p.m. The fest will be held at Chandler Park located within the Town Square.

The Earthfest celebration is free to the public and will have events for people of all ages. Activities range from live bands to arts and crafts. The event will also feature environmental speakers and earth-friendly activities.

“This fun family event has something for everyone! It gets bigger and better each year. There are many free activities for all ages to enjoy. It’s a great way to celebrate our beautiful earth,” previous attendee Heather McKeekan said.

The event has been undergoing planning since Feb 14, and was open to Western students of all major backgrounds for help. The Earthfest has also made posts on their Facebook page in search of people interested in selling artwork, performing or speaking at the event.

The event will have musical performances by Blue Dream, Cole Hollow and Formerly the Fox. The fest will also consist of public speakers including Western’s Professor Bill Knox, Professor Gordon Rands and Associate Professor John Hemingway.

The public is also encouraged to come out not only for the free music but for a free Jimmy John’s sandwich.