Get ready for Coolchella

Tea Wheat, Entertainment Writer

Is the cold weather making you miss the summer? Beaches, Outdoor Activities, and Music Festivals? If you’re one of the many people ready for summer to hit so you can attend music festivals like Warped Tour and Lollapalooza get ready because Western has a music festival of it’s own coming up soon COOLCHELLA.

Corbin-Olsen Residence Hall is having its annual capstone, COOLCHELLA, formally CorbinStock, on April 17th, 2018. The event will be held in the Corbin parking lot. The event will begin at 6 p.m. and will conclude at 8:30 p.m.

COOLCHELLA is Corbin- Olsen’s Art, Music, & Performance festival that they hold annually to raise money for a charitable cause. There will be a RA Dunk Tank sponsored by RAC, as well as Pie an RA.

COOLCHELLA is based on the music festival Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, which takes place in California. Coachella is a three day Music and Art Festival, where attendants can camp on site.

COOLCHELLA will consist of many performances. These performances include: Dollhouse Dolls Dance Team, Invoxicated: WIU’s Accapella Group, DJ Brady Smith, and a Lip Sync Battle between residence hall staffs.

There will also be a variety of activities at COOLCHELLA, such as free henna, body marbling, and screen-printing of COOLCHELLA t-shirts.

No matter what your music taste is, there will be a variety of talented performers, and it is no doubt that this year’s COOLCHELLA will be just as successful as the last!