SGA to present State of the Student Address

Marc Ramirez, Assistant News Editor

On Tuesday, April 10, all students, faculty and staff are encouraged to come out and attend the State of the Student Address presented by the Student Government Association President Grant Reed. The address will take place in the Sherman Hall Auditorium located on the third floor and will begin at 3 p.m. and will last approximately an hour.

According to Reed, the address is intended to educate students and the surrounding community on the duties and responsibilities of the Student Government Association as well as issues affecting the student body and our campus in general.

Within the State of the Student Address, Reed will also discuss why some students have made the decision to make Western Illinois University their home and why they continue to call it home after they graduate.

“We often talk about why students initially come to Western, but not always about the reasons that they choose to stay” Reed said. “In addition to bringing updates and speaking on the accomplishments of SGA over the course of this academic year, each of our speakers will also be highlighting the reasons and opportunities that have led them to making Western Illinois University their home.”

SGA Speaker of the Senate Patrick Quinlan and Student Representative to the Board of Trustees Wil Gradle will also be speaking at the address to provide a wider variety of topics and views.