OSA hosts 2018 Leadership Awards Ceremony

Leah Murphy, Courier Staff

The Annual Leadership Awards Ceremony for 2018 will take place on Monday, April 23, at 6 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom. The Office of Student Activities puts on this annual ceremony.

Award nominations were due in early March via Purple Post. Nominators and nominees are then invited to the awards ceremony in April. These awards are presented to outstanding students, advisors and student organizations. Faculty, staff and students review all nominations at the end of March.

Some of the awards that will be presented this year are: The William E. Brattain Award, given to a student who has shown academic growth and achievement; The Gordon A. Taylor Student Leadership award, given to five graduating seniors that went above and beyond their leadership roles within their respective organizations; Outstanding Volunteer Service by an Organization; Outstanding Student Organization Advisor; Outstanding Co-Sponsored Program; Outstanding Student Program; and Most Improved  Student Organization.

A full list of the awards that will presented at the 2018 Annual Leadership Awards Ceremony can be found on the Office of Student Activities website, along with their descriptions. Simply go to their website, click on the ‘Leadership Programs’ tab, then click on the ‘Leadership Awards’ tab. The Annual Leadership Awards Ceremony page will come up, with the option to see the rewards being presented for 2018, as well as a list of winners for the 2017 Leadership Awards Ceremony.