A balanced body is a balanced mind

Leah Murphy, Courier Staff

On April 5, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., the Western Illinois University Counseling Center will be hosting the event, Balanced Body, Balanced Mind. The event will be held at the Women’s Center, located inside the Multicultural Center. This is a free event and all are encouraged to attend.

The University Counseling Center’s Balanced Body, Balanced Mind is a mustattend event for all, especially those interested in living a healthy lifestyle. The event will feature a variety of informational tables from organizations both on and off Western’s campus. These organizations are there to promote healthy lifestyle choices and habits.

Participants of this event can expect to receive flyers and handouts from these organizations that contain information on healthy behaviors, eating healthy and tips on how to keep a healthy body.

The Balanced Body, Balanced Mind event will also provide opportunities for people to participate in an anonymous ‘Eating Attitudes’ screening. This is an optional screening, but it’s highly encouraged that you participate. For those that take the anonymous screening, they will have the option to discuss their results with a counselor.

Counselors can give valuable feedback on the results of participant’s screening results, such as tips on leading a healthier lifestyle and what foods to eat and which to avoid. Not only will those that attend this event receive information on healthy behaviors and leading a healthy lifestyle, they also can enter a free drawing for prizes.

The Balanced Body, Balanced Mind event features various activities and has something for everyone. Keeping a healthy body, a balanced mind and a healthy lifestyle is important for anyone. Everyone is encouraged to attend and learn about keeping a balanced body and balanced mind.