The Driver Era: a new era of music

Baylee Brynteson, Entertainment Editor

The Driver Era is a new band that has appeared on the music scene. They only have one song, but it is one that will make you wish that they had an album.

The Driver Era is a rebranded version of the band R5, which included a former Disney Channel star, Ross Lynch, his three siblings, all with names starting with the letter R and Ellington Ratliff.

Ross, Rocky, Riker and Rydel Lynch started the band called R5. In 2009 the band became popular among a younger female crowd.

They released songs such as “Forget About You” from their “Louder” album, “Smile” from their “Sometime Last Night” album and many more songs that accrued them a huge following.

Up until this year they were R5, but not anymore. R5 has transformed into an edgier, more electric version of its self with the rebranding to The Driver Era.

Ross and his brother Rocky Lynch have spearheaded this operation as writers, performers and producers of most of the tracks put out by the new band.

Like most young stars, eventually you change your image, and because Ross started out as a Disney star, changing his image to go beyond his Disney characters was a big deal. Ross started his acting career on the Disney Channel show “Austin and Ally” where he played Austin, an extroverted musician and singer.

Ross has shown that his passion for music wasn’t only just for the show, with his many musical escapades he was able to introduce his fans to a new side of himself that they didn’t get from the Disney show.

With a new sound, comes a new image. The Driver Era’s debut single “Preacher Man” was released March 16, and it is a totally different sound to anything R5 ever put out, and that’s a great thing because they are a completely new band.

The Driver Era has a very unique sound that makes you want to get up and dance around the room. There is energy in this one song, which shows that whatever else they have coming, is going to be amazing as well.

“Preacher Man” is a very upbeat song with a deep meaning. It’s the kind of song that you just play on repeat once you hear it because it makes you move.

The music video for “Preacher Man” was released on March 22, and it adds so much depth to the song. It also gives a glimpse into what The Driver Era can do and how creative they are.

There are more songs to look forward to like “Afterglow” and “Flexible,” but there hasn’t been any word on when they will be coming out.

They are definitely a band to watch out for. Their sound is new and exciting, and the talent is through the roof. Once you start listening to them you will be addicted.