After 14 years “Incredibles” sequel date released

Baylee Brynteson, Courier Staff

The long awaited sequel to the universally loved Disney/Pixar’s film “The Incredibles” has finally arrived.

The official teaser trailer for “Incredibles 2” came out earlier this month and has fans of all ages anticipating the release of the film in June of next year.

The first look at the sequel has already mustered more than 113 million views, making it the most watched trailer debut ever for an animated film, and that’s only the teaser trailer. 

The original film, which was released on Nov. 5, 2004 gathered quite the fan base. Luckily for the film, that fan base has stuck around even into their mid 20’s.

The original film had some very memorable voices, like Samuel L. Jackson who voiced the part of Frozone and Craig T. Nelson who was the voice of Bob Parr. The new film will still feature these veteran voices, but because of the 14 year gap in-between films some voices needed to be recast.

What we do know for sure is that 1) there will be new heroes, all the main voice actors will be returning as well. 2) We will also discover that Jack-Jack has many more powers than we realize. 3) Everyone’s favorite fashion designer Edna Mode (vocied by Brian Bird) will be back! 4) The animation will be better than ever, as to be expected after a 14-year break. 5) Elastigirl will see plenty of action, unlike in the first film where she stayed home and took care of the children.

The character Dash (now voiced by Huck Milner) had to be re-cast because the original actor, who was 10 at the time of the first Incredibles, is now 24. While the actor who voiced Dash may have grown up, the new film will be continuing right where we left off 14-years ago.

According to the film’s official plot summary, “It’s a tough transition for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone must find a way to work together again; which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.”

“Incredibles 2” can be added to the list of sequels to be put out several years after the originals. Some other films include “Cars 3” which came out in 2017, “Finding Dory” which came out in 2016, and “Toy Story 4” which is to be released in 2019.

All these films have an original fan base who have been around since they were kids, now most of them are adults and some with children. These newer sequels of “old classics” give an older generation the opportunity to relive their childhood memories. Since it has been so many years in the making, many fans can bring their  own children along too.