Baseball fan replaces ‘W’

Devin Zeugner, a student at Western Illinois University, celebrated a win for the Chicago Cubs by “Flying the ‘W’” over the space for the missing “W” on Western’s sign and posting photos on social media. The post currently has over 200 shares on Facebook.  Zeugner, who actually isn’t a Cubs fan, originally made the post for his family, specifically his grandmother, a “die-hard” Cubs fan, who had just gone through chemotherapy.  “I saw the opportunity and took it,” Zeugner said.  “It’s just my personality to naturally make a joke or make fun of something I come across. The Cubs had just won, and I know how popular “Flying the W” has become and I saw the opportunity of the missing “W” to make others laugh and smile.”  Zeugner, not being a Cubs fan, made a “W” flag from a white tablecloth and blue duct tape. “As I was creating the post, I decided to share it with everyone as well,” Zeugner said. “I wanted Western students to enjoy it, as well as Cubs fans everywhere. That’s what made me open the post to the public and add in hashtags.  Never would have I imagined the continued popularity it would get.”