Campus Crime Report

On Oct. 8 at 12:14 a.m. four students near Higgins Hall were judicially referred for behavior

On Oct. 8 at Tanner 1:39 a.m. two students in Tanner Hall were judicially referred for possession of cannabis.

On Oct. 8 at 2:59 a.m. Cody Young, 23, of 1410 Thompson Hall, was arrested in the 500 block of West Murray Street for driving under the influence of alcohol. He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 4:04 a.m. where he was lodged pending bond.

On Oct. 8 at 3:23 a.m. the Macomb Fire Department was called to Tanner Hall for a fire alarm as a result of an activated smoke detector outside of an apartment on the third floor. There was no fire. At 3:58 a.m. D’Angelo Barrett, 20, of 720 Wigwam Hollow Rd., and Jacqueline Secrest, 20, of 626 W Murray St., were each issued a notice to appear Nov. 15 on a Macomb City ordinance violation for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor in Tanner. One student was judicially referred for failure to evacuate during a fire alarm.

On Oct. 8 at 5:35 p.m. a student reported that a prop, valued at $40, had been stolen from a parade float that was parked outside of Grote Hall. The incident is under investigation.

On Oct. 8 at 9:12 p.m. nonstudent Jaren Jackson Coates, 18, of Peoria, was arrested in Bayliss Hall for possession of cannabis under 30 grams and possession of a controlled substance (Xanax). He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 9:49 p.m. where he was lodged pending bond.

On Oct. 8 at 9:46 p.m. nonstudent Terrell Stinson, 19, of Chicago, was issued a notice to appear Nov. 15 on a Macomb City ordinance violation for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor near Western Avenue.

On Oct. 9 at 1:32 a.m. nonstudent Michael Bradford, 20, of St. Louis, MO, was arrested on the 11th floor women’s side of Thompson Hall for criminal trespass to real property. He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 1:40 a.m. where he was lodged pending bond.

On Oct. 9 at 2:18 a.m. nonstudent Kayshaun Cortese, 19, of Nixa, MO, was issued a notice to appear Dec. 6 on a Macomb City ordinance violation for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor in Q-Lot.

On Oct. 9 at 9:30 a.m. a University employee reported that three windows, valued at $500, had been broken at Higgins Hall. The incident is under investigation.

On Oct. 9 at 10:56 p.m. a student reported at Mowbray Hall that while at the Charles and Adams streets bus stop at approximately 9:30 p.m. Oct. 8, an unknown male approached her while she was waiting for the bus and subsequently touched her arm and leg. The incident is
under investigation.

On Oct. 9 at 5:11 p.m. a student reported that two coolers, valued at $20, were stolen from Q-Lot. The incident is
under investigation.

On Oct. 10 at 3:59 p.m. a student reported at Mowbray Hall the theft of his WIU ID card from the Corbin/Olson Dining Center. The card was stolen sometime between 5:45 p.m. Oct. 6 and noon Oct. 7 and $20.44 was charged to the card. The theft is under investigation.

On Oct. 11 at 10:26 a.m. Donterius K. Holman, 18, of 514 Tanner Hall, was arrested in Mowbray Hall for aggravated domestic battery in Tanner Hall on Oct. 10. He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 10:32 a.m. where he was lodged pending bond.

On Oct. 13 at 5:39 p.m. non-student Aaliyah Cooper, 18, of Chicago was arrested in Mowbray Hall for aggravated battery. She was lodged in the McDonough County Jail at 5:50 p.m.
pending bond.