Campus Crime Report

On Aug. 9 at 7:37 a.m., an employee reported four letters were stolen (sometime between 10 p.m. Aug. 8 and the early morning hours of Aug. 9) from the Western Illinois University grand entrance sign at Lafayette Street and University Drive. The letters are valued at $1,500. The incident is under investigation.

On Aug. 18 at 1:29 a.m., a student in Corbin Hall was issued a judicial referral for behavior and alcohol consumption. 

On Aug. 19 at 22:18, student reported the theft of a bag, $90, from a Corbin hall room.

On Aug. 21 at 1:34 a.m. ,one student near the Charles Street bus gate was judicially referred for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.

•On Aug. 21 at 5:22 a.m., nonstudent Andrew Hugenberry, 20, of Quincy (IL), was issued a notice to appear on Sept. 27 for a Macomb City ordinance violation for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor in the Higgins Hall lot.

On Aug. 22 at 4:27 a.m., nonstudent Jarvis Whitley, 19, of 435 N. Campbell St., Apt. 5, was arrested in Q-Lot for obstructing identification and driving without a valid driver’s license. He was lodged in the McDonough County Jail at 5:05 a.m.

On Aug. 22 at 4:14 p.m., Dylan A. Lafontant, 21, of 513 W. Elting St., was arrested near the intersection of Adams St. and Sherman Ave. for driving on a suspended license. He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 4:25 p.m., where he was lodged pending bond.

On Aug. 22 at 5:28 p.m., a student in Tanner Hall was judicially referred for behavior.

On Aug. 22 at 5:31 p.m., a student reported his wallet, cash and keys (valued at $265) were stolen from his Tanner Hall room sometime between 3:45–4:30 p.m., The theft is under investigation.

On Aug. 22 at 10:37 p.m., a student in Bayliss Hall was judicially referred for cannabis.

On Aug. 23 at 12:45 p.m., a student reported the theft of a laptop computer, an Xbox 360 gaming console and an Xbox gaming controller (no value listed for items) from his Henninger Hall room sometime between 8:30 a.m. and noon. The theft is
under investigation.

On Aug. 23 at 1:39 p.m., a student reported being battered near Olson Hall by two subjects unknown to her. The incident is
under investigation.

On Aug. 23 at 6:48 p.m., OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in the south wing of the kitchen area in Tanner Hall. No smoke or fire was found, and no injuries were reported. The alarm was activated by smoke from cooking.

On Aug. 24 at 10:06 p.m., a student in Henninger Hall reported the theft of a safe, containing $230, from a residence hall room. The incident is under investigation.

On Aug. 26 at 1:36 a.m., Nicholas Wallace, 32, of Macomb, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol on West Pierce Street. He was lodged in the McDonough County Jail at 2:57 a.m. pending bond.

On Aug. 26 at 5:40 p.m., Amber Simmons, 18, of 826 Tanner Hall, was arrested in Q-Lot for driving while license suspended. She was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 5:46 p.m. where she was lodged pending bond.

On Aug. 27 at 1:12 a.m., Benjamin Scheffer, 19, of 524 Corbin Hall, was issued a notice to appear Oct. 4 for a Macomb City ordinance for possession of drug paraphernalia in Corbin.

On Aug. 28 at 1:42 a.m., Stephanie Ramos, 19, of 640 Corbin Hall, was issued a notice to appear Oct. 4 for a Macomb City ordinance for fighting and illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor in Corbin Hall.

On Aug. 28 at 1:50 p.m., Daykei Ford, 18, of 613 Henninger Hall, was arrested in Henninger for criminal damage to property after he allegedly damaged a vehicle in the Tanner Hall circle lot. He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 1:53 p.m. where he was lodged pending bond.

On August 28 at 3:05 p.m., a student reported that his backpack, containing a laptop, headphones and notebooks (total value $470) was taken sometime Aug. 28 from either a campus lounge or an off campus location. The incident is
under investigation.