Campus Crime Report

•On Nov. 4 at 12:33 p.m. nonstudent Kareem Spann, 21, of Calumet City, was arrested at his residence in Calumet City for burglary in connection with an Oct. 24 incident on campus in which numerous items were stolen from a school bus on campus. He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 1:08 p.m. where he was later lodged pending bond.

•On Nov. 4 at 3:45 p.m. a student reported that two belts, valued at $575, two pair of shoes, valued at $350, and a jacket, valued at $60, were stolen from his Corbin Hall room. The incident is under investigation.

•On Nov. 4 at 4:48 p.m. a student reported that a game console, valued at $400, and a video game, valued at $30, were stolen from his Corbin Hall room. The incident is under investigation.

•On Nov. 4 at 8 p.m. a student reported that his cell phone, valued at $800, had been stolen from the Morgan Hall first floor men’s restroom. The incident is under investigation.

•On Nov. 5 at 12:52 a.m. nonstudent Joshua Trammel, 21, of Dolton, was issued a notice to appear Dec. 8 for a Macomb City ordinance violation at Adams Street for possession of cannabis (less than 10 grams).

•On Nov. 5 at 10:25 p.m. nonstudent William Brown, 19, of Chicago, was arrested near Olson Hall on a Cook County warrant. He was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 10:33 p.m. where he was lodged pending bond.

•On Nov. 5 at 10:43 p.m. a student reported that his shoes, valued at $250, had been stolen from the Student Recreation Center. The incident is under investigation.

•On Nov. 6 at 7:57 p.m. OPS assisted the Macomb Fire Dept. with an apartment complex fire reported at 700 Linden Ln. Approximately 32 individuals, most of them WIU students, were displaced due to the incident. No injuries were reported.

•On Nov. 8 at 2:10 a.m. non-student Carrie N. Vann, 19, of Joliet, Ill, was arrested at the intersection of Western Avenue and Riverview Drive for driving with no valid driver’s license. She was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 2:14 a.m. where she was lodged pending bond.

•On Nov. 9 at 4:32 p.m. a student in Tanner Hall reported his keys were stolen from his room. The incident is under investigation.

•On Nov. 10 at 4:49 p.m. a student reported her car was on fire in the Higgins Hall parking lot. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire. No damage estimate was available but the vehicle was believed to be a total loss.