Trending Now

Tony Davis

 This week has been hectic for Twitter users mainly because of the all the crazy things that happened this week.

 #HelloAdele, has been trending worldwide ever since she released her highly anticipated single. “Hello” by Adele has already become an instant success for Adele discography as it debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. “Hello” is also the first song in history to sell over one million copies in one week. To make that feat more special it was also first week sells. Fans tweeted their praise about the song which even featured praises from fellow superstars who completely melted when they heard the song. I honestly don’t know how she does it but with a song like “Hello,” Adele makes you miss the stranger that said bless you to you while walking down the street.

 #Zola, is a topic that is quite unusual because she managed to tell a highly captivating story in 150 tweets. Zola is a 19-year-old girl who went on an absolutely crazy adventure in Florida, which has changed her life forever. The Zola story has love, sex, suicide and murder, which are likely the key components to a good thriller movie. Her story was so good that she started getting offers from Hollywood for a book and movie deal. Her tweets had many locked onto their Twitter accounts until they finished the story. Before the tweets were deleted, each tweet had over 45,000 likes and shares. I could definitely see this on Lifetime.

 #WhereisAnti, has been trending because fans of superstar Rihanna have been waiting three years since she last released an album. Rihanna released the first single from her album “Anti” in January of this year. Since then she has released two more singles from the album but there is still no word about when the album will be released. Fans, collectively known as the RihannaNavy, were hoping to get new material when she was announced as a performer for the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, but within three weeks it was announced that she had dropped out of the show. When fans asked why, she reply “Do you want ‘Anti’ or the stupid show?” There is still hope “Anti” will appear before years end.

 #Drake, has been breaking the Internet lately with all his memes and spoofs of his “Hotline Bling” video. If you have ever been on Facebook or Twitter in the last two weeks, you have probably seen a spoof of his Hotline Bling video. The videos feature pokemon, Wii tennis and ping pong with someones grandmother. Ellen DeGeneres even premiered a video of presidential nominee Sen. Bernie Sanders dancing in the video. Drake happened to make a viral video without even trying.

#BlackOps3, is the latest release from the Call of Duty franchise, which is set to break video games records. Call of Duty is the ultimate first –person-shooter game ever made. With its release on Nov. 6, 2015, fans of the first person shooter are lining up at the door in order to pick up the highly anticipated game that they most likely pre-ordered. With the game having rave reviews from the major magazine sites, even I might have to go pick up a copy of the game.

Using what is trending is how a lot of people of this generation find out what is going on with the world. Judging by these top trending topics there is a lot of variety going on in the entertainment world that is either making people excited or angry.