OPS Beat

•On Oct. 7 at 7:14 p.m. Nikee Ford, 19, was arrested at Mowbray Hall for battery. She was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 9:37 p.m. where she was lodged pending bond.

•On Oct. 7 at 9 p.m. a WIU employee reported graffiti in the Malpass Library third floor men’s bathroom. Estimated damage was less than $50. 

•On Oct. 8 at 12:49 a.m. one student in Lincoln Hall was judicially referred for possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia. 

•On Oct. 8 at 2:27 a.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in Bayliss Hall that was set off by baby powder being tossed on the floor in the area of the detector. No smoke or fire was found and no injuries
were reported. 

•On Oct. 8 at 4:09 p.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the eighth floor of Tanner Hall. No smoke or fire was found and no injuries were reported. 

•On Oct. 8 at 8:28 p.m. a student reported her grill was stolen from her porch at University Village. Estimated cost unknown.

•On Oct. 9 at 1:28 a.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in Tanner Hall. No smoke or fire was found and no injuries were reported. 

•On Oct. 9 at 11:08 a.m. a University employee reported that a cable and lock, valued at $100, had been taken from Hanson Field sometime between Oct. 3-9. The incident is under investigation. 

•On Oct. 9 at 3:01 p.m. two students in Corbin Hall were judicially referred for theft in connection with a theft of items from the C-Store in Corbin. 

•On Oct. 9 at 3:12 p.m. a student reported the theft of his wallet, and its contents, valued at $110, from the Student Recreation Center. The incident is under investigation. 

•On Oct. 9 at 3:26 p.m. a University employee reported graffiti written in chalk on the side of Knoblauch Hall. 

•On Oct. 9 at 11:45 p.m. two students in Henninger Hall were judicially referred for possession of cannabis. 

•On Oct. 9 at 8:46 p.m. Nekylay Reid-Melton, 20, of 1641 Thompson Hall, was arrested in Thompson on a McDonough County warrant for failure to appear. She was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 9 p.m. where she was lodged pending bond. 

•On Oct. 10 at 2:16 a.m. one student in Tanner Hall was judicially referred for possession of cannabis. 

•On Oct. 10 at 6:15 p.m. a University employee reported the theft of $1,500 cash from a Sallee Hall office. The incident is under investigation. 

•On Oct. 10 at 7:16 p.m. Simone Fears, 20, of 716 Henninger Hall, and nonstudent Meaghan Fears, 21, of Crete, were arrested in Henninger for battery. They were transported to the McDonough County Jail at 7:20 p.m. where they were lodged pending bond. 

•On Oct. 11 at 3:43 a.m. the Macomb Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on the fourth floor of Henninger Hall. There was no fire, or reported injuries. It was determined that someone had lit a paper towel on fire and held the towel near the smoke detector. The incident is under investigation. 

•On Oct. 11 at 8:41 p.m. a student reported that someone had poured an unknown substance (later determined to be contact lens solution) into a beverage item. On Oct. 12 at 1:01 p.m. Tiarra Clark, 21, of 506 Corbin Hall, was arrested in Mowbray Hall for aggravated battery in connection with the incident. She was transported to the McDonough County Jail at 1:05 p.m. where she was lodged pending bond.