OPSBEAT January 10, 2000

The Office of Public Safety report for Dec. 8 through Jan. 3:Dec. 8, Michael Lopez, 18, of Wetzel Hall 1126, was arrested on a McDonough County warrant for failure to appear on traffic charges.

He posted a $100 cash bond for a Jan. 12 court date.

A student reported that his Validine card, which he had lost, had been used to charge $20 in items from the Henninger Hall vending area.

A student reported that his vehicle, parked in Q-Lot, had been broken into. A radar, 80 compact discs and $10 in coins had been taken. Total value of the missing items was placed at $1,020.

Dec. 9, a university employee reported that a university vehicle parked in Q-Lot had been damaged. A footprint was found on the right rear panel.

A student reported that his wallet, which had been reported as lost, was recovered. A $15 check was missing and his Validine card had been used to charge $21.05 in items.

William Muirhead, 18, of Monmouth, Ill., was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor in the Thompson Hall parking lot.

Chadwick Cox, 18, of Orion, Ill., was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor. He was given a Jan. 11 court date.

Dec. 10, a student was referred to Student Judicial Programs for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor in the Thompson Hall parking lot.

One student was judicially referred for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor in Wetzel Hall.

One student was judicially referred for illegal consumption of alcohol minor in Thompson Hall.

Dec. 11, an OPS officer stopped a vehicle at the intersection of McArthur and Pierce streets and noticed a strong smell of alcohol from the vehicle after the driver cracked his window.

The occupants of the vehicle refused to open the door and exit the vehicle, resulting in the officer spraying the interior with pepper spray to evacuate the subjects.

Nonstudents Shawn Hannigan, 19, of Oswego, Ill., and Erica Snow, 20, of Montgomery, Ill., were both charged with unlawful restraint, obstructing a peace officer and illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.

Hannigan was also charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Snow posted $100 cash bond for a later court date; Hannigan was lodged in the McDonough County Jail.

Curtis Johnson, 28, of Tanner Hall 901 was charged with criminal damage to property and was lodged in the McDonough County Jail.

Johnson allegedly punched out a window in a Go West bus during a fight. Another student involved in the altercation was referred to SJP for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.

Dec. 12, a student reported that two pairs of blue jeans, valued at $80, were stolen from a Higgins Hall laundry room dryer.

Jennifer Clark, 24, of Bloomington, Ill., was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following a traffic stop at the McArthur and Charles streets intersection. She posted her driver’s license and $100 for a Jan. 12 court date.

Dec. 31, a student reported that a bookshelf and table valued at $270 had been taken from the Lamoine Village Building Two walkway.