Bringing The Fair To The Home Or Classroom—Going Back To School With Risk Ranch

By NAPS, North American Precis Syndicate

(NAPSI)—Searching for ways to make summer last just a little bit longer for your kids? Look no further than Risk Ranch, the award-winning educational app that brings the fun of the farm and the state fair straight to a desktop or mobile device.

Risk Ranch is the online companion game to the Commodity Carnival, an interactive learning experience brought to life by a partnership between CME Group and National 4-H Council. While the Commodity Carnival is visiting nearly 120 state and county fairs this season, Risk Ranch can extend the summer fun into classroom or at-home learning as your children prepare for the back-to-school season.

“Our Risk Ranch app teaches youth about the importance of risk management and agricultural economics with real-life content and in a fun, engaging way,” said Anita Liskey, CME Group Managing Director, Corporate Marketing & Communications. “We’ve reached 100,000 kids at state and county fairs over the past two years and we’ve had teachers tell us that they use the app in their classroom as economics and financial literacy grow in importance at younger ages. We want to help provide that foundational education for kids at an early age.”

The educational game allows players to experience the business of agriculture and the economics of farming, including how to manage the costs associated with bringing a commodity—a hog or a steer—to market. In just over one year, Risk Ranch has been downloaded in 100 countries and taken home the title of Best Mobile App, Parents’ Choice Approved and a U.S. Mobile and App Design Award.

To download Risk Ranch or find participating fairs this summer and fall, visit www.cmegroup.com/4Hcarnival.

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)