5 DIY Kitchen Renovation Inspirations

(Family Features) Whether you’re turning your home into a “homegating” headquarters this fall or looking to upgrade your everyday cooking, you can update your kitchen in just one weekend without the headache and mess of a full remodel. Here are five DIY ideas from the trend experts at Lowe’s and Frigidaire Professional that will fit any kitchen style and bring your Pinterest-worthy dream kitchen to life.

Everything and the kitchen sink

Farmhouse kitchens are growing in popularity, but whether you are going for a farmhouse look or something more transitional, a farmhouse sink can add character to any kitchen. Go for a classic white or find a farmhouse sink with a darker metal finish such as an antique copper single-basin for a unique touch that’s easy to install. It’ll be a dramatic focal point in your kitchen – and in conversation.

Don’t get voted off this island

At a party, everyone ends up in the kitchen. Easily swap in a large, distressed, vintage-inspired island to create a warm and inviting space where guests can gather so they don’t take up your valuable prep and cooking space.

Upgrade your cooking

New appliances make a huge difference. Go for professional-grade, sleek stainless steel appliances like the new Frigidaire Professional Collection that not only looks professional, but also offers features that will upgrade your cooking. The new collection was inspired by commercial kitchens and designed to fit existing spaces so you can achieve a professional look and feel without doing a full kitchen remodel. The front-control freestanding range offers a variety of uses to conquer any holiday meal, while the dishwasher can wash dishes in as little as 30 minutes, making clean up a cinch. 

Gray is the new white

From fashion to film, everyone is embracing shades of gray. In the kitchen, gray creates a bright, clean appearance that is calming and welcoming. The color also beautifully compliments stainless steel appliances, while contrasting cabinets and doors can add a level of dimension, bringing a contemporary design full circle.

It’s all in the details

Small changes can have a big impact on the overall look of any kitchen. Try pairing your sleek appliances with warm finishes and statement lighting, such as pendants, to create an intimate space. To minimize upkeep, select smudge-proof stainless steel appliances so your kitchen always looks sleek and clean. Focus on furniture and accessories that have a handmade, antique feel but also create efficiencies in the kitchen, such as an industrial style kitchen cart. Carts are multifunctional and can be used to prep, serve or store your wine and cookbooks.

Check out Lowes.com for more information on the new Frigidaire Professional Collection and for additional ideas on how to turn your busy kitchen into a space worthy of endless entertaining.