OPS Beat

Reports provided by University Relations

On Aug. 24 at 9:18 p.m. one student was judicially referred for cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia and two students were judicially referred for cannabis in Tanner Hall.

On Aug. 25 at 12:20 a.m. two students in Henninger Hall were judicially referred for cannabis.

On Aug. 25 at 1:19 p.m. a student reported a wallet and its contents, valued at $40, were stolen from an unlocked room in Bayliss Hall sometime between 8:15-8:45 a.m. The incident is under investigation.

On Aug. 25 at 8:15 p.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to fire off campus at 1010 N. Lafayette St. No injuries were reported.

On Aug. 25 at 10 p.m. one student near Washington Hall was judicially referred for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia.

On Aug. 25 at 11:45 p.m. a student reported the theft of a laptop, no value available, sometime between 6:15-7:30 p.m. at the Malpass Library. The incident is under investigation.

On Aug. 26 at 1:17 p.m. two students in Higgins Hall were issued judicial referrals for possession of cannabis.

On Aug. 26 at 10:59 p.m. two students in Bayliss Hall were issued judicial referrals for possession of cannabis.

On Aug. 27 at 12:08 a.m. a students in Higgins Hall was issued a judicial referral for possession of cannabis. A juvenile was arrested in Higgins Hall for possession of less than 2.5 grams of cannabis and was later released.

On Aug. 27 at 8:06 a.m. a WIU employee reported damage, estimated at more than $500, to the patio construction area in front of the Alumni House. The incident is under investigation.

On Aug. 27 at 9:13 p.m. OPS and the Macomb Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in Thompson Hall. No smoke or fire was found and no injuries were reported.

On Aug. 27 at 9:55 p.m. Chase Lipscomb-Williams, 21, of 202 Grote Hall, was issued to notices to appear Oct. 6 for Macomb City ordinance violations of possession of less than 10 grams of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia.

On Aug. 28 at 1:25 a.m. Hope Rudnick, 18, of 1241 Tanner Hall, was issued a notice to appear in court Sept. 29 for a Macomb City ordinance violation of possession of less than 10 grams of cannabis in Q-Lot.