Are You Ready for Some (Fantasy) Football?

(Family Features) Are you a diehard football junkie who’s been waiting for kickoff since the Patriots raised the Vince Lombardi trophy in February? Do you prefer just catching the highlights? Either way, Yahoo Sports, one of the leaders in fantasy sports, offers a football fantasy league to fit your Sunday schedule.

Whether joining or creating your own full-season fantasy football leagues or competing in Yahoo Sports’ Daily Fantasy, playing has never been easier. Players can draft on the go, utilize pre-draft rankings, set winning lineups and more using Yahoo Sports Fantasy app.

Private cash leagues

With newly launched private cash leagues, commissioners will have the power to set the amount players owe for league dues and what the final payout will be at the end of the year. Yahoo will not take a transaction fee. Players can use credit card, Paypal or their Fantasy Wallet to pay their dues easily and seamlessly. No waiting, no delay – just your reward for dominating your league. Already created a league? No worries, just head to the commissioner tools and create a Cash League contest for your league. 

Games when you want them

With Yahoo Sports’ new Daily Fantasy, users pick a team of players to compete against each other based on real-life statistics in real-life contests, just like in traditional leagues. However, they last just one week or one day. Daily Fantasy allows users to challenge friends or win big in guaranteed contests. After setting their lineup, players can then watch their teams compete in real time online or via the Yahoo Fantasy app for iPhone.

Ask the expert

Whether you’re a fantasy fanatic or a rookie still learning the game, everyone can use some expert advice when it comes to putting together a team the rest of your league will envy. Fantasy expert Brad Evans has obsessed about his fantasy teams since the days when Jeff George had value. As the Yahoo Fantasy Sports resident baseball, football and “bracketology” expert, Evans also offers up pointers on the two-time Emmy-nominated webcast “Fantasy Football Live,” which is entering in its 10th season on Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports Network, each NFL Sunday.

Evans offers a pair of draft tips that could help lead your team to fantasy gridiron greatness:

“It goes against fantasy ‘tradition,’ but don’t be afraid to grab a QB in the first round if someone like Aaron Rogers or Andrew Luck is sitting there late,” Evans said. “For some sleeper picks this year, keep an eye on running back Danny Woodhead out of San Diego or wide receivers Stevie Johnson and Eddie Royal.”

To get in on the action, check out Yahoo Fantasy Football at football.fantasysports.yahoo.com on your browser or download the Fantasy Sports App from the App Store.