Tim McGraw and Faith Hill set to release joint album

Abbi Seul, Courier Staff

Iconic country couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have made their mark from
the 90s until now. Since their marriage in 1996, they have collaborated on many songs that have stolen the hearts of their listeners like “Keep Your Eyes
On Me,” “Meanwhile Back at Mama’s” and “It’s Your Love” to name a few. In October of 2016, McGraw and Hill celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary and also received stars on the Music City Walk of Fame. The couple has also earned themselves an exhibit in the Country Music Hall of Fame. McGraw and Hill appear to be an unstoppable force in the music world. They have overcome the difficulties of fame, rumors of divorce and the media’s spotlight.

Tim McGraw’s original intent certainly wasn’t music. He began life at North East Louisiana University as a Pre-Law major, but soon found his studies to be boring. So, he picked up a guitar and began to sing, and from there his career took off. McGraw has won many awards including Academy of Country Music (ACM) awards, Grammy awards, American Music Awards and Billboard awards, to name a few. He has appeared in movies like “Flicka,” “Country Strong” and “The Blind Side.” He married Faith Hill in 1996, and they now have three kids and more than two decades of marriage. His career is still in full swing and he is working to achieve his goals and aspirations.

Faith Hill, born Audrey Faith Perry, was introduced to the music world at 19 years old. She was singing backup for Gary Burr in the Bluebird Café when Warner Brothers took an interest. In 1993, she debuted her album “Take Me as I Am,” and her career rose from there. Her journey, however, certainly hasn’t been without struggle. In 1994, she had surgery on her vocal cords. In 2011, she had an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on her neck, and had that procedure repeated again later on. In 2006, she received so much media backlash that she almost quit music altogether. Despite these hardships, Hill has persevered. She was named Number One Adult Contemporary Artist of the 2000s, won three Grammys, 15 ACMs, six American Music Awards and has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide. She took the world by storm with her music alongside her husband, Tim McGraw.

Needless to say, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have made quite an impact, and they aren’t stopping anytime soon. The pair will attend the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards on April 2 in Las Vegas, where they will perform. McGraw has also been nominated for five ACM awards for his songs and collaborations. The huge event will also feature many up and coming country competitors like Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean and many others. Hill and McGraw, on March 20, put out a press release revealing plans for a new song “Speak to a Girl” available on March 23.

Not only does the couple have a new song, but they also announced that they will be releasing a joint album for the first time ever. Although Hill and McGraw have collaborated on many songs, this will be their first album they have produced together. Starting in April, they will kick off their third Soul2Soul tour. The first tour grossed $50 million and the second $89 million. The first tour in 2000 had approximately 950,000 people in attendance total. The second had about 1.1 million, being the third highest grossing tour in North America. This tour, without a doubt, has high expectations and anticipation. Fans worldwide are buzzing with excitement over this new album and tour.

Who knows what this country duo will bring on next.