Your Trusted Student Voice for News at WIU

More

WC | Latest News

00:01:10

Therapy Dogs visit with WIU students in a new mental health initiative

By Jaycie Doerr, WC Editor-in-chief & NEWS3 Executive Producer MACOMB, IL (Western Courier & NEWS 3) - The first Wellness Wednesday was hosted in Malpass...

WC | News

Macomb shooting on Pierce and Johnson

By Jaycie Doerr, WC Editor-in-chief & News3 Executive Producer MACOMB, Illinois (Western Courier & News3) - A shooting took place in Macomb the morning of November...

The Israel-Palestine Conflict: Unveiling the Truth Behind the Agony

By Luis Verastique, WC Reporter PALESTINE/ISRAEL (Western Courier) - In the midst of escalating violence and heartbreaking casualties, the Israel-Palestine conflict has once again captured...

Trump, conspirators charged in Georgia court

By JAYCIE DOERR, News3 Executive Producer & WC Editor-in-chief MACOMB, Illinois (News3 & Western Courier) - Former President Donald Trump and 18 other co-conspirators have...

WIU professor overviews the GOP presidential primary

By Kyle Wittenrich, News3 & WC Reporter MACOMB, Illinois (NEWS3 & WC) - The road to the 2024 Presidential Election began last month with the...

WC | Sports

Chiefs top 49ers in wild OT finish; repeat as Super Bowl champions

By Nick Grunewald, WC Sports Editor The Kansas City Chiefs have cemented themselves as the league's next dynasty following a 19 point overtime comeback to...

Super Bowl LVIII Sets Record With 123.7 Million Viewers

By Nick Grunewald, WC Sports Editor The Feb. 11 Super Bowl in Las Vegas between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers shattered television...

Super Bowl Preview

By Nick Grunewald, WC Sports Editor Super Bowl 58 is finally upon us as the Kansas City Chiefs get set to take on the San...

NFC Championship: 49ers complete comeback to top Lions 34-31

By Nick Grunewald, WC Sports Editor SAN FRANCISCO (Western Courier) - For 30 minutes it seemed like the Lions destiny was on the verge of...

Jim Harbaugh leaving Michigan for return to the NFL

By Nick Grunewald, WC Sports Editor Jim Harbaugh is heading back to the NFL after accepting an offer from the Los Angeles Chargers to become...

WC | Opinions

OPINION The new Cold War: a 21st century power struggle

By LUIS VERASTIQUE, WC Reporter The Dawning of a New Era The geopolitical arena is currently undergoing a critical shift, with the world's greatest powers locked...

Communicating on campus: How WIU bureaucracy fails

By Jaycie Doerr, WC Editor-in-Chief MACOMB, IL (WC) - Western Illinois University uses an emergency alert system to communicate with students during crisis situations. This...

Pentagon Pays for Service Member’s Access to Abortions

By Jaycie Doerr, Editor-in-Chief In light of the atrocious news of the overturning of Roe v. Wade, many different states have reacted differently to the...